Monday, September 14, 2009



Once again, I caught myself on being more Asian than I previously thought. While reading the "Byôsoku 5 senchimêtoru" comments section on IMDB, I stumbled upon a notion which I was previously unfamiliar with: Wabi sabi. According to wikipedia, wabi sabi is a "a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience (...) the aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete" and its characteristics include "asymmetry, asperity, simplicity, modesty, intimacy, and suggest a natural process.". These ideas are so close to my hearth that it gives me the creeps to even think about them as elements of a coherent philosophy. On the other hand, Wabi sabi is so tantalizing that I will spend some time on research into it. Starting with "In Search of Wabi Sabi" with Marcel Theroux(yes, he's Louis brother)

No comments:

Post a Comment